Thursday, June 20, 2013

Before your child starts middle school...

Right after school ended this year, I was sitting at the ballpark when a friend was rehashing the events of her son's sixth grade year. You know me! I'm a captive audience for such a conversation. Most of it was good, but she mentioned a few hiccups along the way. At one point, she said, "I wish I had known." Well, that got my wheels turning. I do know. I live it. Why can't I help other parents? So, here we are.

Recently, I posed the question to my friends, family members, and former parents. Specifically, I asked these two questions:

  1. What do you wish you'd known before your child started middle school?
  2. What advice would you give to a brand new middle school parent?
In the next few weeks, I'll share their wisdom with you. Also, note the age of the student/adult. Sometimes it helps to read and relate to people who have a similar background. The further away from the middle school years, the parent will bring a different perspective.

As always, thanks for reading!

No comments:

Post a Comment